Sunday 11 March 2018

BHAJA MOSHLA NARKOL KORA DIYE DIM



If you think a coconut tree has spread its roots inside the stomach... you may not be wrong... even I have started thinking that. In our childhood, we did have it but not regular, the now old lady never had to buy one.... from coconut to mangoes to jackfruit all came from her "baaper bari".... parental home. Later when our Paa planted one in his garden and it started giving fruit ..... the mother mercilessly got it cut, why? She felt or someone told that the roots were going deep and spreading which would cause damage to the house.... I opposed saying why did not you ask an expert first? The truth is she prefers flowering plants while I liked the way the grandfather grew fruits and vegetables! Now the mother too buys coconut and me too! The only difference is that I get it ready made in shredded form while the mother has to go for a longer process. No, she is not the kind who will buy a frozen packet from Spencer! Why she buys now? Have her brothers cut off all of the 13 coconut trees? No.... the world has gone ahead a lot, life is different now... got busier.... her brothers are above sixty too .... Up to here it is ok... what concerns me is the loosening of bonds.... that should not be! 

When I see strong sibling bonds around, I love it... and love the facilitators who do not come in the way of this bond getting stronger... in this case the facilitators are one's husband or wife.... say my husband or my brother's wife or someone far there.... but not me... I am kind of possessive! The crazy matchmakers in social media must know a matching dress or make ups do not make two people similar to each other... they are not! I always had the feel, a single child does not learn to share.... thats what I told the husband. In most cases, the parents are responsible when they praise too much of their kids in front of them, thinks their daughter or son are the most beautiful or handsome and fail to give them the necessary lessons of life.... and later in life fail to control if they go stray.... Such people live in a fool's paradise construing themselves to be a false queen or king.... Who will you find around them?..... Less of friends but more of "moshahebs".... who falsely flatter them and call names in their absence!.... This kind of people are more than happy with such manipulative praises .... I am not the one who will associate herself with such things.... 

When it comes to kids, I know I will be appreciative of other kids but my son comes first to me.... I do not show it to him often.... the reason why he complains to his teachers about me... haha! To those facilitators who contribute towards strengthening sibling or parental bond .... you are way better than me who worked hard "owning" her husband's mind... not making him disown his own either! Our paa made the wisest decision in life while selecting the bride for his son.... I am saying this not because she gifted me a diamond ring but because she made it possible for our paa to leave this world peacefully and our mother  live like a queen. Our mother with terrible complaining habit cannot accuse that much except for.... B does not take shower before entering the kitchen.... B comes home late.... No, this B does not freak around with her boyfriend.... After school... the Delhi Public School bus drops her at her parental home... where she cooks and do cleaning for her ailing parents, somedays take tuition classes, some days freaks out with the colleagues... and spends hours in a beauty parlour too.... So long she queues up in front of a "fuchka stall" or "Golbarir Koshamangsho" for my brother and spends from her pocket to get a better quality insulin for our mother or takes her to the best doctors.... I will not interfere.... she got good parenting and the generous, old couple deserves a bit of care.... if only the two sisters could be little strict about their writer father's diet chart.... for his own good! 

No, the above lines do not mean I am aspiring for a diamond ear stud from her now.... I never could ask my parents what I wished for on my marriage.... only the husband I do not spare!...To those unknown facilitators who help restore peace and love between siblings... you are doing a good job... kisses... but virtually.... one who is thrown off and the one who is hugged tight cannot be best of friends .... one has to have that much love for one's self! To those who got fond of my brother of late.... you must know we had a big fight in the social media yesterday.... Yes, I never did allow him to take decisions of his own.... I think I made a good life for him doing that ... else his queen mother would have been in trouble... If he cannot be gentle enough in public, he has to eat BHAJA MOSHLA NARKOL KORA DIYE DIM.... he does eat egg these days.... but only curries and omelette.... Mothers of kids... do not force your child to eat something they do not wish to.... our mother did this mistake! Accha ok!... I tried chicken kacchi biryani yesterday evening for the first time... the taste was ok and the rice grain broke while servings.... but the son had double rice than usual... sent a plateful virtually for the naughty brother too! I am unlikely to blog about it unless it tastes perfect and every single grain remain in tact. Yes, we should work tirelessly towards seeking trust from our readers!


I like it or not, eggs are a regular at this home.... the husbands are a thing of adulation.... more so if you have a "hidden agenda"..... Let me clarify.... Take a look.... what I got at the Asian store on Friday..... that made me sing... "khalbali, khalbali.... chulbuli.... chulbuli".... Yes live show of "koi maach"..... climbing perch..... and Apa had to buy some.... Though I had to freeze it on Friday night.... we are supposed to eat cat fish varieties and this one fresh.... The hand of the person you see told me.... you do not have to buy "chalta" / elephant apple... go to the F1 car parking at the East Coast Park .... there are two trees full of.... lets see if I can pester the husband for an unromantic, short drive this afternoon.... my "hidden agenda".... for today!


Once I finish this post, I will message Paramita Ghosal about it.... not all are like us! It hurts to see my clan around not cooking authentic Bengali dishes.... some of them do not even know what combination goes for a "chyachra" and what goes in for "labra".... but they can also question me if I know how to earn a penny? Lets leave it at that and share with you something I love.... "sheem-begun diye shutki maach"..... hyacinth beans... eggplants with dried bombay duck.... I wished to share two recipes with fresh Bombay Duck / Bombil / Lote Mach today... oh God why did I have to make friends from this many communities around?


By the way, think before you keep in touch with me, my favourite breakfast is "bashi porota o cha"..... stale paratha with tea!


Off course, there will be a very common recipe of climbing perch soon.... if only it's taste satisfy me this afternoon.... I have a feeling this did not come from either side of Bengal but are bred ones from the neighbouring countries.... This fish should not be eaten such giant sized... the really good ones are caught from "khalbill".... shallow, muddy water.... 

Does my cousin at Boston think the same way as her "Bordibhai".... she uploads pictures of Radhaballavi she makes means she does not deny altogether her roots... Her maternal grandmother prepared flawless "patishapta" and the grandfather grew watermelons in his garden who lived in a thatched roof home in the interiors of Kalyani.... the visiting gang of us were served fresh and hot food.... and freshly cooked fish caught from their pond .... Yes, I watched Big Bacchan's Hum Panch in their neighbourhood cinema hall made with bamboo fence and gunny bag... haha.... Hello my readers.... what are your thoughts and dreams like?.... I am shrouded with such memories these days! I have a message to all my cousins far and near.... from Boston wali to Assam & Pune walas to my neighbourhood ones in Kolkata .... we may not meet as often... but do not let the roots to loosen... let the bond be there.... 

Now what is the connection of all these with your food share.... BHAJA MOSHLA NARKOL KORA DIYE DIM?.... even I cannot explain... I lack good vocabulary.... or you may have to think like me to know me! What I know is I did not use any spice paste for this recipe .... some dry roasted, freshly ground spices, shredded coconut, minced garlic and chopped green chillies. It goes very well with both roti / paratha and rice.... now do not deserve pictures taken on a Saturday noon with paratha / poori... its a mad, wild day for me! Let us wrap up now.... I need to venture out for "chalta".... My husband is not as good as Paramita Ghosal's husband Sanjib.... of late that wonderful human being stopped putting a like on B. Basu's pictures.... what a relief!.... Did the world roar echoing my hubby... why the hell people have to be like you... idiot?.... No, I will not counter the husband now.... there is no chauffeur better than a husband! Lets come to the point! What it there in another bowl?.... "kechki maacher chocchori"... Indian River Sprat with onion and green chillies.... I will have half the amount in the bowl... be sure! Well, you may or may not use fried potatoes in this egg dish!


INGREDIENTS :

Egg : 5-7 [boiled, de shelled]
Shredded Coconut : 1small cup
Sliced Onion : 1small cup
Minced Garlic : 1tbsp
Chopped Green Chilli : 1-2tsp
Cinnamon Stick : 2one inch length
Green Cardamom : 2
Clove : 3-4
Cumin Seed : 1tsp + 1/4tsp
Coriander Seed : 1tsp
Dry Red Chilli : 3-4
Bay Leaf : 1
Turmeric Powder : 1tsp
Lemon Juice : 2tbsp
Salt : As Required
Ghee : 4tbsp [clarified butter]

PROCEDURE :

Wash the boiled and de shelled eggs again in water, pat dry! Apply half of the turmeric powder and some salt, rub well.

Dry roast the cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms, cloves, coriander seeds, 1tsp cumin seeds and dry red chillies and dry grind to a coarse powder once cool.

Heat ghee in a wok and lightly fry the marinated eggs, take out. Temper ghee with 1/4tsp cumin seeds and a bay leaf! Add the minced garlic and the chopped green chillies. Stir for 1/2 a minute!

Add the slices onions and fry till golden brown..... add the shredded coconut and fry till crisp and brown... have patience.... the water will evaporate!

Add the dry ground spices and fold in well. Stir for 1/2 a minute and gradually add 1/2 cup of water as you stir. Add the fried eggs and slow cook till the water dries. Add the lemon juice evenly.

Enjoy with rice or South Asian Breads.... with some salad alongside! If you are my kind, you will definitely have some "kechki macher chocchori" too!.... I will not recommend toasted bread with it!









No comments :

Post a Comment