Tuesday 16 January 2018

MUTTON WITH EGGS & POTATOES


Ahh... tender, juicy, hot, spicy, irresistible... wooooow.... you are only mine.... I meant my rendezvous with mutton gets me to such expressions, I cannot help it. Boys can excuse me when mutton sings to me just like Akshay Kumar "Ab tere dil mein hum aa gaye, tere dil mein rahenge.... to? Tujhe apna kahenge.... Jhoota"... says someone with that million dollar smile... who else but Madhuri Dixit.... she has a maddening effect on me since "ek, do, teen"days .... I and Chandrayee watched Tezaab first day, first show at Purnashree and how the naive Tanushree got vocal when it came to a fight with me over Madhuri and her heartthrob Sridevi.... Yesterday evening I came across this song after a long time and discovered my walking steps:pace ratio improved... Bollywood does rule my life... as does hilsa and mutton. Anyway, I cannot discuss on an on screen romance of Akshay Kumar & Madhuri Dixit much at this moment, why? No, not because Bollywood is unreal, because its unreal... I love it! Not unreal in all cases either, my couple friends, the active "SHER" members Joydip & Suchandra Kundu met in a Bollywood style... Joydip loves mutton and speaks for protection of animal rights too and I do not find anything wrong in it. There is one more Bollywood like couple among us, shall utter the names only if I am permitted to. 

Anyway, I should not go gaga about an onscreen couple at this time because a real life couple needs our attention and support .... if the queen of wit with substance Twinkle Khanna can get her "main khilari tu anari" husband to do a socially relevant movie like "Padman".... due for release on 25th of January, she deserves a big hand from us!.... I loved the tagline... The gentleman Mr. Arunachalam Muruganantham dared to speak on women's hygiene which even women do not and invented a machine to produce low cost sanitary napkins for the needy.... We will watch the movie, you too should. My man definitely will not say no to it..... though I know if I call him now in office and sing 'Aab tere dil mein hum aa gaye, tere dil mein rahenge'.... his immediate reaction would be S .... have you started doing drugs? I will still be serving luchi and MUTTON WITH EGGS & POTATOES to him tonight. 

I am not this "lokkhi meye".... either.... I do not wish to be a good girl at all times, in all cases.... To go with a mutton dish today is a sudden decision , I was thinking of going ahead with something else that millions of those girls who cannot afford a sanitary napkin may cook and have.... but then do not you try to find logic in my actions .... neither do I explain my actions to anyone.... because only I know my own pain, angst, whatever.... majority of you do not.... The few who know it do join hands on special days to make fun of me in full public view.... Go, and kiss them on their cheeks, I do not care. Let me go ahead with a mutton dish for people who care for me...

Yesterday, I was enjoying some of my dear people's posts, uploads.... they are close to the heart, they have done something or the other for me at different times.... yet I do not always kiss them in public just to say.... I suffer from breathlessness if you hug me too tight in public .... I still love you, and I still dislike people who I have once disliked.... one cannot be a friend who intend to irritate you purposefully even after a couple of decades.... Let us come to the people who love mutton. If the little brother has stopped kissing Arnab, at least in public, he deserves a mutton today.... who are they smiling being in their wives's arms?.... a Sanak Chottopadhay & a Dibyendu Banerjee.... they swear by mutton and I love them way too much... 

Have I ever introduced you guys to one Debopam Raha? Well when I joined school he was the first boy in our class while this girl sat towards the last bench..... however so we became good friends... he went to another school a year later and you see we are still good friends and his wife Sarnali seems too much of my dear! This superb guy is an IIT Kharagpur alumni who posted few pictures of their alumnus meet yesterday... in one of them the wonder woman Chutu's husband is standing beside him but I will not talk about one of India's genius today.... this dumbo's good friend "Debo" is no less either.... when a Debopam Raha.... Dr. Saubhik Sengupta and their loving spouses get together at our Kolkata home, S has to cook a mutton curry! It is not true that the people who sat with me in the last benches are not my love.... each one of them has done good in their life expect for me who only managed to find a perfect host body.... haha.... 

These people's silly acts at times gets me angry... Who are those "rascalas" from college who went for a picnic to the Eco Park without me? Swati Bhattacharya and gang.... this girl is hyper sensitive just as I am but she or some of them know I am too allergic to some people.... but I can treat them all with some MUTTON WITH EGGS & POTATOES always! Those girls with a red gown, or a black pullover or a black sunglass are a pleasure to watch at all times... I keep them in the warmth of my heart.... Since age fifteen I learnt to enjoy watching beautiful girls.... in the process, I forgot to fall for boys you know... haha... Do not drag the man of the house into all these... the poor guy was destined to stand by a bush or in the mid sea with a water bottle beside his wife who has severe nausea.... there he is.... a banyan tree for the family that did not grow in width.... 

Coming to sunglasses, even when I was wearing contact lenses, I could not manage a sunglass... given the flat nose... it always slipped! The irritated self would scream.... "yaar husband... can you please fund for your wife's plastic surgery?".... you can see the moron did not! Yet he will get his favourite mutton today... I do not know whether I am a good wife or a mother.... the parameters to measure  it is not clear to me... Day before yesterday Shamsa Anwar, a dear friend who teaches at Penn State University wrote a note on what a mother should teach her son on women and I instantly could identify with it. I am  abnormally attached to my son but never say "hirer angti abar baka kisher".... I always tell him to be honest with  his commitments, to always respect a girl's consent.... rest only our "Olive Oyl" can say how much he has learnt from it. By the way... my beautiful friend Shamsa is a wonderful photographer... her bald husband with moustaches, bhai jaan looks such a gentleman....  She happens to be my first virtual friend with three other ladies.... not all names are to be taken in a lifetime... For all, a curry MUTTON WITH EGGS & POTATOES.... For the rest and their dearest ones there are better people to take care  as of now.... I do not wish any kiss coming to this direction today.... at times I love total seclusion for myself...

You definitely have got bored by now.... You are always at the liberty to dive directly into the recipe of this MUTTON WITH EGGS & POTATOES, the idea of which I got from our couple friends Sanjib & Paramita Ghosal. Their December visit to Kolkata has to have a mandatory visit to Aminia which has opened a branch in our locality there too. Sanjib shared a picture of such a dish with mutton, eggs and potatoes last week.... they were having it without me at Aminia.... The angry self did not call Paramita for any idea about the recipe and went ahead with something that is purely mine. It has yogurt, a number of mixed spices, etc. etc. in it... please do check the ingredient list.. As for the kids who featured yesterday in the social forums... I love you but a homemade jam for you some other day... 


INGREDIENTS :

Mutton / Lamb : 1kg [medium cut]
Yogurt : 200gm
Potato : 2big [peel, wash and cut into 4pieces each, ideally each should be cut into 2 pieces]
Egg : [1 for each person, wash, boil and remove the shell]
Onion Paste : 2tbsp
Ginger Paste : 1tsp
Garlic Paste : 2tbsp
Tomato Paste : 1/2small cup
Fennel Powder : 1/4tsp
Cumin Powder : 1/2tsp
Coriander Powder : 1tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1/12tbsp [adjust as per your requirement]
Turmeric Powder : 1tsp
Nutmeg Powder : 1/2tsp
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2tsp [coarsely ground]
Cinnamon Powder : 1/2tsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/4tsp
Salt : As Required
Ghee : 3tbsp + 1tbsp
Bay leaf : 1big
Oil : 2tbsp

METHOD :

Wash the mutton pieces thoroughly. Add half of all the powdered spices and some salt to the yogurt and beat well. Add to mutton pieces and coat each piece well. Keep refrigerated for at least 5 hours or overnight in a closed container. Take out 1 hour before cooking.

Rub little salt to the boiled eggs when you start the cooking. The potatoes should be soaked in water until the mutton is half done, else they turn black once peeled.... it happens to me at least.

Heat 3tbsp ghee and 2tbsp oil in a wok and temper with a bay leaf! Add the onion, ginger and garlic pastes and stir for two minutes, add the tomato paste now and stir for another minute. Add the rest of the red chilli and turmeric powder only at this stage and stir well till oil separated from the spice mix.

Add the mutton pieces without the marinade and stir at high heat for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to minimum and add the marinade, fold in well and cover cook at minimal heat... check and stir in between. A lot of water will release and when it dries, the "koshano" part is done.

We will add the salt rubbed potato pieces now. Add the remaining spice mixes now except for the turmeric and red chilli powder which we have added earlier. Fold in well and stir for 2 minutes.

Add 11/2 coffee mug of warm water and fold in well. Cover cook at minimal heat for ten minutes, open cover and add the boiled eggs. Cover cook for 3-4 minutes. We should be done.

Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with 1tbsp ghee and enjoy with steamed rice, pulao, any kind of breads!









No comments :

Post a Comment