Thursday, 6 April 2017

LEMON CORIANDER RICE


Rice is our staple and I personally love it too much. My men are not so fond of plain, steamed rice. They love it if I bring little change in them and fry it with whatever is available at home. Hence, I keep on experimenting on various kinds of fried rice... both vegetarian and non vegetarian. Rice may have high content of carbohydrates, yet it is required to some extent by our body. I do not believe in completely discarding rice from our diet. Instead we can lessen the amount of consumption. 

When we add a number of vegetables, mushrooms to rice, we really do not need any sides to go with it as such. A humble serving of plain yogurt or raita and a salad is just perfect alongside any kind of fried rice. This particular Lemon Coriander Rice is very soothing and refreshening during summers. I have drawn inspiration for this particular preparation from Add a Pinch Blog and did my own version giving it an Indian touch. Come let us do this easy recipe of Lemon Coriander Rice together.


INGREDIENTS : [for the lemon coriander rice]

Cooked Rice : 3-4 big cups
Lemon Juice : 1/4 medium cup
Chopped Coriander Leaves : 1 small cup
Chopped Green Chillies :2-3
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt : As Required
Mustard Seed : 1/2tsp
Oil : 2-3 tbsp

METHOD :


Take out the refrigerated cooked rice 15 minutes before cooking. Heat oil in a pan. Temper with mustard seeds and add the turmeric powder and chopped green chillies. Stir at low heat once.

Add the rice and fold in well. Increase heat, add salt, lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander leaves. Fold in very well and keep stirring for a minute or two. It is done.


Enjoy it hot and fresh with yogurt, raita and salad.


4 comments :

  1. Rice is the love for me, I need rice daily, and this lemon coriander rice I need as well right now please. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet a wholesome preparation

    ReplyDelete