Tuesday 10 January 2017

EGGLESS JAGGERY ROSHOGOLLA CUPCAKE WITH A YOGURT PISTACHIO TOPPING



I and the son are just back from a month long holiday, there was no work, only leisure and a bit of shopping. Going back to the same old place gives me pleasure, I never get bored been there though my mind was in two pieces as my senior could not go for a week. This has another problem too, I could not have there the food he loves, did not even feel like having both of our favourite duck egg curry, few fresh water fish he loves. More surprisingly I even did not have what I love. 

All of a sudden, I realised I am ageing mentally too, the sight of high caloric food was getting me tension, strongly felt diabetes kills you mentally too. Yet in between, I did have food I like at people's places, had sinful bites of muffins, fried chicken while with friends, my neighbourhood friends treated me with my favourite momo too. All these I had without a bit of exercise. Now I am really scared to stand on the weighing scale, thought let us start with some workouts first. This time I strongly felt I am no more craving for any food, on my three weeks stay, I hardly felt I have to have it except for some sweets, which I bet you will not get anywhere in the world other than Kolkata.

The above lines should not mean I have stopped cooking. At this moment, I am going slow with it, with lots of other things on the line. Makar Sankranti is near and I am thinking what to prepare on the day. I wish for something that is easy and quick. Before that I wished to share this cup cakes with jaggery and roshogolla / rasgulla. This was my first attempt to prepare a cake with jaggery, it turned out well. For the topping I used yogurt, trust me you will like it. Come let us enjoy doing these yummy and easy  eggless jaggery roshogolla cup cakes with a yogurt pistachio topping together.


INGREDIENTS [for the cup cake]

Roshogolla / Rasgulla : 8-10 [one each for one cup cake]
Jaggery : 1/2small cup [grated]
Refined Flour : 1big cup
Milk : 1/2big cup
Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Vinegar : 1tbsp
Oil : 1/2 small cup
Cinnamon Powder : 1tsp

INGREDIENTS [for topping]

Plain Yogurt : 1small cup
Condensed Milk : 1/4cup
Pistachio : 6-8 [chopped]

METHOD :

Preheat the oven to 180*C. 

Sieve the flour, cinnamon, baking powder & soda in a wide mouthed bowl. Take the grated jaggery in the grinder and grind for a minute. Transfer to a separate bowl. Add the milk, oil and vinegar. Mix well and keep beating with a hand or electric beater for 5 minutes.

Add the flour mix little by little and beat well. Once done it looks as below. Now pour the batter up to 1/4 of each of the cups. Squeeze the juice from the rasgulla and place at the centre of the cup. Pour little more of the batter. Place the cups on the baking tray. They look as below. 

Mine is a convection mode microwave oven. I had placed the low height stool inside & placed the cake tray on top of it.

I had baked the cupcakes at 180*C for 15-16 minutes. The time of baking may differ depending on your machine. Please do check after 16-17 minutes inserting a fork in the middle. 

Take the yogurt and condensed milk in a bowl and beat well. Add the chopped pistachios and mix well. Once cool decor with the topping and enjoy fresh with your loved ones.






7 comments :