Wednesday 12 August 2015

CHICKEN IN CHILLI-GARLIC SAUCE



This is perhaps the simplest chicken recipe I prepared till date. I had few guests at home last weekend, was thinking of some new kind of appetisers.... veg and non-veg. Chicken being extremely popular with my son, I have to explore through various chicken recipes to avoid monotony.... both in cooking and eating. On that particular day, while going through few off beat chicken recipes, I got utterly confused, I mean I liked some of them so much, could not decide on one for the day. Hence planned my own, a simplistic one with a slightly different taste than the regular Indian curries.

Almost no spices are used in this preparation. Just minced ginger-garlic, sliced onion, lemon juice, black pepper powder and a generous amount of chilli-garlic sauce are what I used to prepare this CHICKEN IN CHILLI GARLIC SAUCE. The predominant taste of the dish is of the sauce used, hence the name. It was juicy, a bit sweet n sour with a hint of heat, and was a hit off course. You too can try if you believe in me. Let us see how we do it.

INGREDIENTS :
Chicken Legs[or otherwise] : 10 pieces
Chilli-Garlic Sauce : 4tbsp
Minced Ginger : 1tsp
Minced Garlic : 1tbsp
Onion : 1big[sliced]
Lemon Juice : 1tbsp
Black Pepper Powder : 1tsp
Salt : As required
Oil : 2tbsp
Chopped Parsley : 2tbsp[to garnish]

METHOD :
Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and marinate with lemon juice, black pepper powder and salt for 2 hours.

Heat oil in a wok. Add the minced ginger and garlic.

As you get a nice aroma, Add the sliced onion.

As the onion turns golden brown, add the chicken with all the marinade.

Stir well and cover cook at low heat till all the water dries up. Uncover and stir at regular interval.

As the water dries up, add the chilli garlic sauce, stir and let boil for 2-3 minutes.

Switch off and transfer into a serving plate. Garnish with parsley.

I served it alongside a healthy vegetarian bowl of pineapple-corn salsa with cherry tomatoes.



15 comments :

  1. What a lovely looking Chicken! I am sure my husband would love this! Thank you for this lovely share, Soma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anupama thank you so much dear...if your family likes it... its a bonus for me...

      Delete
  2. Chicken looks delicious & tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madhavi Cyber Kitchen thank you so much for liking it

      Delete
  3. You're right Soma, simplest recipe and most delicious too:) I like your the blend of spices. Definitely on my list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Peri missed your comment....thanks so much

      Delete
  4. chilly Garlic sause recipe please ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meenal.... I did it with store bought chilli-garlic sauce

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite one. Simple recipe and tasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always like a hint of Chinese flavor in food.. This one really suits my taste buds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh-yum, this chicken is good till the last bite and licking the gravy as well. Hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gonna try it soon....lovely...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous and like you said simple too!!

    ReplyDelete