Saturday 18 July 2015

FISH FINGERS



Coming back after a long break is a pleasure. It had being a joyous ride being able to compile recipes ever since I started authoring this food blog. Cooking is always being fun and stress relieving for me. I find myself in an absolute comfort zone in the kitchen, perhaps because I have confidence in that arena. I have always believed we should enjoy what we are doing otherwise we cannot do it the best way.

Taking leave from blogging does not necessarily mean I stopped cooking, I went on with it full fledged, just that there were other priorities in life to be taken care of. I was quite enjoying cooking the simplest everyday meal and was at cloud nine when someone very dear lovingly said when did my little daughter learn this much of cooking? He forgot his little daughter is a middle aged woman now.

Today I thought of posting a very simple recipe which yet is a tasty savoury appetiser. We need very few ingredients to prepare this and can be done in a jiffy if there are sudden guests at home. You can actually engage them with a plateful of these FISH FINGERS with their choice of wine or soft drinks or with tea and coffee; plan for an elaborate  dinner thereafter.



INGREDIENTS :

Any Firm White Fish Fillet : 500 gm [I used Tilapia]
Lemon Juice : 4tbsp
Ginger Extract : 3tsp
Garlic Extract : 2tbsp
Salt : As required
Corn Flour : 2 tbsp
Refined Flour : 2 tbsp
Bread Crumb : 1 coffee mug
Crushed Black Pepper : 1/2 tsp
Oil : 200-250 ml [to deep fry]

METHOD :

Wash and cut the fillets into finger sized  shape.Marinate for an hour with enough salt, wash thoroughly thereafter!

Marinate them again with the lemon juice, ginger extract, garlic extract, crushed black pepper and salt.

Keep aside for an hour or two.




Take the bread crumb on a plate.

Prepare a thick batter with the refined flour, corn flour, little salt and water.

Dip each fish piece in the batter mix and then coat with bread crumb. Repeat.




Refrigerate the dressed fish fingers for few hours.



Heat the oil in a wok!

Take out the fish fingers and deep fry them in batches until golden brown. Keep the heat at low.

Put them on tissue papers to get rid of the excess oil and then transfer into serving plates.



Serve hot with your choice of sauces, dips, chutney  and salad.T had two slices of bread with cheese!We had it for dinner & he cannot have fries alone for dinner, neither fancy a salad!










4 comments :

  1. Yummy yummy! I add pinch of black pepper and chilli powder..yours looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Anitha for the appreciations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish fingers looks delicious, Soma !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the crisp textured fish fingers.. looking yummy

    ReplyDelete