Wednesday 22 April 2015

GRILLED PANEER



With so many other commitments taking over me, elaborate cooking in the weekdays have taken a backseat. I keep on searching recipes that are easier and takes less time to prepare, colourful and suits my men's taste buds. Honestly, my senior is not so fond of paneer, but wraps are his favourite. So any filling wrapped in tortilla/ paratha works wonder for him. My junior is very fond of paneer. Yesterday back from work I had to go out... trying to balance everything, I settled on Grilled Paneer, served fresh wrapped in tortillas.

It was so easy and quick to do it. With the summer heat on, people get tired easily end of the day. This was done so happily listening to my favourite music. Isn't that what I love doing most?... music and cooking.... a soft melody, a meaningful movie feeds my soul, cooking gives me that satisfaction of being a mother,  a wife. With my earphones on, I marinated the paneer and bell peppers with tandoori masala and yogurt. Again went out, came back and it was done in few minutes.



INGREDIENTS :
Paneer[Indian Cottage Cheese] : 300 gm
Onion : 1
Bell Pepper : 1 each of red, yellow, green
Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste : 1 tsp
Plain Yogurt : 1/4 cup[hung preferably]
Tandoori Masala : 2 tbsp
Lemon : 1
Salt : As required
Oil : 2 tbsp
Sweker : As required

METHOD :
Cut the onion and bell peppers into cubes and wash. Take the paneer, bell peppers and onion in a bowl.

Marinate them with salt, tandoori masala, ginger-garlic paste, beaten yogurt and oil. Keep aside for 2 hours.

Take the sweker, pierce through an onion piece, each of bell pepper and paneer and repeat. You may require 2-3 swekers.

Grill each side for 7-8 minutes.

Squeeze juice of lemon. Serve alone with mint chutney, or wrapped in tortilla.




4 comments :

  1. Dear soma..tried this recipe and it turned out awesome..thanks a lot and keep the mouth watering recipes flowing..tc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kala thanks... missed your lovely comment dear

      Delete
  2. Nice and colorful combination of textures

    ReplyDelete