Monday 2 March 2015

CARROT CAKE





A leisurely weekend morning, waking up a bit late & watching the faces of your loved ones sleeping peacefully, an instant plan, a little effort is what is  required to see them happy  during the evening tea time. To see those happy faces one can bet upon anything, any amount of labour is welcome. Weekends demand some sweets / desserts to complete our meals or light up the evening tea table.

As in all my posts concerning cakes, I always remind all the readers who takes the pain to stop by, that I am still a learner when it comes to baking. Since my men like home made cakes, I dare to venture in this arena more often these days. I explore through google, go through the easy ones and finally select one,  subject to the availability of the ingredients at home on that particular day.

Last week I was literally planning to prepare a cake over the weekend with a cream cheese topping. I have heard it tastes excellent. I had my sugar check done for the next one month. So I could set loose myself a little. So, on a Saturday morning I I had quite a number of carrots & half a block of Butter Cup! There the idea of making a CARROT CAKE popped up. I prepared one for my men, the rest for our friends who love eating them even if  they are over baked at times.

This is a cake to beautify your  tea table. Believe me, it is soft, fluffy with the richness of the topping. I may not have been able to make it a state of the world one but their smile was genuine. That is enough reason for me to be happy.




INGREDIENTS :[for the cake]

Shredded Carrot : 2 coffee mug
All Purpose Flour : 1 coffee mug
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Baking Soda : 2 pinch
Cinnamon Powder : 1tsp
Nutmeg Powder : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 1/2 small tea cup
Oil : 1/2 small tea cup
Evaporated Creamer : 100-125 ml
Roasted Walnuts : 1/2 cup


INGREDIENTS :[for the topping]

Softened Butter Cup [at room temperature]: 150 gm
Icing Sugar : 4 tbsp
Vanilla Extract : 1tsp

METHOD :

Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.

Take the oil, sugar, evaporated creamer in a blender and blend well! Pour onto a bowl!

Add the flour mix little by little to the liquid mix through a strainer  and stir well to get rid of any lump.  Add the vanilla essence and mix well!

The final mixture should be a little thicker batter.





Wash, peel, shred the carrots and add to the batter, stir well.



Grease your cake tin with little oil and then dust lightly with flour. Pour the batter till half of the tin. Mine is a convection microwave, I had placed the low height stool inside & on top the cake tin with batter! I baked it for 33-35 minutes at 180*C. I had let it cool.





I had beaten together the butter cup & icing sugar for about 8-10 minutes.



Once the cake is completely cool, take out turning it upside down on a plate. Apply the frosting on top. I did it with my hand!


Enjoy it on your tea / coffee time or as an after meal dessert!






No comments :

Post a Comment